Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default PT wood

Frank wrote:
On Sep 29, 9:35 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:
I walked over to my woodpile to pick out a few pieces for a small
job. I had some 2x6 PT stacked on the ground - these pieces had been
there about 3 years. I turn them over and ....... riddled with
termite damage to the point they had zero value.
Kind of reminds me of the last time I was in Lowes. I looked at
their PT lumber and it had mold growing on it. No kidding. Anyone
else seeing serious deterioration of building materials?

Under government orders the wood people have removed chemicals toxic to
kids, small animals, and baby insects.

It's for the children.

Same reason I'm battling ants in the kitchen in recent years and NYC
is becoming riddled with bed bugs.
EPA banned chemicals that worked in the past.

What EPA-banned chemical kept the ants out of your kitchen in the past?
That problem has pretty simple solutions, beginning with sealing
entries and eliminating food sources. Hornets have been bugging me
lately outdoors, but it's getting cold and I have a winter coat )
They seem to become more pesty during severe dry spells....just looking
for a drink.