Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Metal Lathe

On 9/30/2010 9:04 AM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
wrote in message

By the way, I ran across a seemingly "great" book yesterday, "Modern
Toolmaking Methods", by Franklin T. Jones, 1915. It's available for free
download via Google (books). I think it transcends woodworking or
metalworking. I'll leave it to someone who's actually read it to comment
further if they want to. It left me with a "I wish I had found this
sooner" sort of feeling.

I'll check out the links posted in the follow-ups. Thank you.

FYI, I noticed that the author also has published a number of related books.

Having spent a bit more time with the book, I mentioned, I was curious
whether it has been succeeded by a more modern one that someone might
recommend?

Bill