Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Fiberglass door warp

Jackelch wrote:
responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...rp-243691-.htm
Jackelch wrote:

wrote:

This Tommy Tran guy is just a big cry baby. He or his people
installed the new doors perhaps a little out-of-square. Our people
looked at the installation and Therma-Tru looked at it. Everyone
said that he should re-install the doors plumb and square. He
insisted that the door itself was warped. Eventually, after many
months of his h arranging, bordering on harassment, and possibly
libel and slander, Therma-Tru decided to provide a replacement door
just to shut him up. Because he or his agents had installed his
doors, we offered him the replacement as a swap-out, one for the
other, as his purchase was essentially cash and carry, though he did
pay for the doors to be delivered. He felt that we should send
personnel out to his home and swap out the door, hardware, and door
lite at no charge, and guarantee that the new door would work better
than the one he already had in the out-of-plumb and out-of-square
door frame. We offered to swap out the door, hinges, hardware and
door light at our published service call rates, with no such
guarantee, but he refused that offer. Instead he decided to bad
mouth our company, the manufacturer, and any and everyone else, in
just about any forum he could. If you are any type of merchant,
service company, manufacturer, or anyone dealing with the public,
please be forewarned that you can never satisfy a Tommy Tran - the
cry-baby, who has little to no mechanical ability whatsoever and any
vendor is always perceived to be the guilty party who owes him
curb-service to fix the problems he himself created.

You've learned an important lesson: When a customer rises up in righteous
indignation, there is NOTHING that can be done to mollify him.