Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default [OT] Mobile web access abroad

"Lobster" wrote in message
On 29/09/2010 12:26, JoeJoe wrote:
wrote in message
On 27/09/2010 22:40, JoeJoe wrote:
I bought a USB dongle in Australia during the summer to be able to
access
the web using my laptop whilst there. It was bought there from the
Australian arm of VirginMobile, and worked great.

I now need to be able to have a similar arrangement both here in the UK
and
also in Portugal. Not looking for anything fancy - just, say, 1GB/month
for
the occasional use and at a reasonable cost.

Does anybody know if my dongle will work here/in Portugal with a
locally
purchased PAYG SIM card, or do I have to buy a new one (or two)?

I expect it will be locked to the Australian arm of VirginMobile (which
may mean that a VirginMobile sim may work)?

Thanks for the tip. It was indeed locked, but after 2 minutes and some
help
from Google, now it is not... ;-)

Care to share where you got the info? I also happen to have a dongle I
could do with getting unlocked...

I have recently used DC Unlocker
http://www.dc-unlocker.com/
4 euros to unlock a Virgin Mobile pay monthly dongle.
Virgin Mobile claimed they could not supply an unlock code.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)