George E. Cawthon

Default How do I use my wood stove?

Wood stove sellers, maybe other stores, have a magnetic type
that attaches to the stove pipe. About 2 feet up from the
inlet is a good spot. Otherwise set on the stove next to
the stove pipe.

Chris Snyder wrote:

Get it cleaned. Have the sweep inspect the chimney as he cleans (he should
anyway). He can let you know if the build-up is too bad. In normal use, I used
to clean my chimneys at the start of the season, and halfway through if there
appeared to be any build-up.

That's quite a story! The Sweep is on the way...I think I'm going to
get the positive connect (SS liner to the top) so I can sleep well,
get the best performance, etc. Does anyone know where I can get a
temperature sensor for this kind of setup? I can get a magnetic type
that sits on top of the stove, but it seems like "exahust temp" is
more appropriate. This is a non-catilytic stove.

Thanks,
Chris