Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Credit - Roton - Screw It

Jon Elson wrote:

Bob La Londe wrote:

I ordered some resistors from them over a month ago to change the current
setting on the steppers attached to the G540 controller (slight loss of
power to reduce stepper temperature), but never received them. I guess I
get to see what MCM has in stock. Sigh. I already checked Rat Shack... or
as they should be called... the cell phone store.

Some people brag about Mouser.

I use them all, have open accounts at Newark, Allied, Mouser and
Digi-Key. but, due to the excellent web site and the wide range of
stuff that was always in stock, I tended to go to Digi-key first. now,
the competitors are trying to provide all the same features as the
Digi-Key site, and trying to beat them on price, too. Just had an item
I needed and the major outlets all had a SIX MONTH lead time, so I'd get
the parts in MARCH! Yikes! So, I found an outlet online that I'd never
heard of, but they had a dozen of the part in stock.

As for machine stuff, I mostly use KBC, they have a stocking location in
town, in case I ever need something absolutely right now. So, I try to
support them.

I've been looking for some Panasonic FM series low ESR caps. Digikey
showed a 25 week leadtime. I don't need them next year.

enough left over to pay them.