Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Credit - Roton - Screw It

Jim Stewart wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

Bob La Londe wrote:

I ordered some resistors from them over a month ago to change the
current
setting on the steppers attached to the G540 controller (slight loss of
power to reduce stepper temperature), but never received them. I guess I
get to see what MCM has in stock. Sigh. I already checked Rat
Shack... or
as they should be called... the cell phone store.

Some people brag about Mouser.

I use them all, have open accounts at Newark, Allied, Mouser and
Digi-Key. but, due to the excellent web site and the wide range of stuff
that was always in stock, I tended to go to Digi-key first. now, the
competitors are trying to provide all the same features as the Digi-Key
site, and trying to beat them on price, too. Just had an item I needed
and the major outlets all had a SIX MONTH lead time, so I'd get the
parts in MARCH! Yikes! So, I found an outlet online that I'd never heard
of, but they had a dozen of the part in stock.

As for machine stuff, I mostly use KBC, they have a stocking location in
town, in case I ever need something absolutely right now. So, I try to
support them.

Mouser seems to be getting better and Digikey
worse. I use both. Even though the Mouser
part search tool is more crufty than Digikey's
it does allow me to sort by price.

You have to have an account with Digikey and be logged in for that
function.

enough left over to pay them.