Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Weed Killer

On Sep 29, 3:42*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
RickH wrote:

Same problem. *Mine has an 18 inch bed of gravel topped by a 6 inch
bed of limestone screening topped by the pavers and pavers are tightly
butted. *Weed seed still gets in there. *I want to "flood" the whole
patio rather than just spray the joints so I can get killer down, but
dont want chemical hebicide imbeded into bricks. *Spraying the joints
literally takes all day, I want to flood whole patio with a non-toxic
herbicide and watering can maybe once a month.

You need a two-step process:

1. Kill the existing weeds. Roundup, vinegar, propane torch, pull 'em by
hand, whatever.

2. A liberal application of a pre-emergent herbicide to kill the weeds,
spores, seeds, cuttings, tubers, and all the plant eggs remaining. You
should use this herbicide every spring and it usually lasts the whole
growing season.

There is no visible dirt, the weeds are between the brick joints. I
suppose I could add just a little round up to the vinegar and maybe it
wont oil-into the brick so bad. But I do need to flood the surface,
there is no way in hell I'm gonna individually spray all those joints
and have just the brick edges get stained. I'd rather flood then
sweep it around until it drops between the tight paver joints, then
hose it all down next day to wash the brick surface.