Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Weed Killer

In article ,
RickH wrote:
On Sep 28, 9:29*pm, willshak wrote:

...snipped...
Same problem. Mine has an 18 inch bed of gravel topped by a 6 inch
bed of limestone screening topped by the pavers and pavers are tightly
butted. Weed seed still gets in there. I want to "flood" the whole
patio rather than just spray the joints so I can get killer down, but
dont want chemical hebicide imbeded into bricks. Spraying the joints
literally takes all day, I want to flood whole patio with a non-toxic
herbicide and watering can maybe once a month.

The vinegar herbicide recipe does not call for table vinegar, but what
at least one company markets as "garden vinegar" It is 20% acetic acid.
Table vinegar is 4 or 5%. I'm not crazy about Roundup, but I wouldn't
be so sure that 20% acetic acid plus salt is more environmentally benign
than Roundup, especially in "flood" quantities.