Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Still bush's fault

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 18:27:47 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:
snip
While the politicians' language appears to be the common
vernacular [i.e. American English], the extreme differences
in weltanschauung/valence make any sort of meaningful
relationship or communication between the "politicians" and
the vast majority of [normal] people very difficult.
Indeed, on a personal level this appears to account for the
very high levels of divorce, and dysfunctional families,
evidenced by top-level politicians in both government and
industry.

It should be noted that loss of belief in a "determinable
continuity," and/or "cause and effect, is a classic
symptom/precursor to serious mental illness including
paranoid schizophrenia and sociopathy. This reinforces the
increasingly common observation that America's problems at
the bottom are *NOT* financial, but rather are due to the
psychopathology of our business and political "leadership."

snip
I have received several emails questioning this assertation.
I have just come across a well written case study that
examines this in some detail. The case is the hostile
take-over of Budweiser by InBev in 2008.

_Dethroning the King: The Hostile Takeover of
Anheuser-Busch, an American Icon_
Julie MacIntosh
ISBN: 978-0-470-59270-0

You can see a review of the book at
http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2010/09/2...-missed-deals/
and can browse chapter 1 at
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyT...470592702.html

available at discount 18.45$US from
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...9270-0&x=0&y=0

Be remined there are far more politicians in America's
corporations than in government. Both groups seem to suffer
from the same mental problems.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).