Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default Credit - Roton - Screw It

Jon Elson wrote:

Bob La Londe wrote:

I ordered some resistors from them over a month ago to change the
current
setting on the steppers attached to the G540 controller (slight loss of
power to reduce stepper temperature), but never received them. I guess I
get to see what MCM has in stock. Sigh. I already checked Rat
Shack... or
as they should be called... the cell phone store.

Some people brag about Mouser.

I use them all, have open accounts at Newark, Allied, Mouser and
Digi-Key. but, due to the excellent web site and the wide range of stuff
that was always in stock, I tended to go to Digi-key first. now, the
competitors are trying to provide all the same features as the Digi-Key
site, and trying to beat them on price, too. Just had an item I needed
and the major outlets all had a SIX MONTH lead time, so I'd get the
parts in MARCH! Yikes! So, I found an outlet online that I'd never heard
of, but they had a dozen of the part in stock.

As for machine stuff, I mostly use KBC, they have a stocking location in
town, in case I ever need something absolutely right now. So, I try to
support them.

Mouser seems to be getting better and Digikey
worse. I use both. Even though the Mouser
part search tool is more crufty than Digikey's
it does allow me to sort by price.