Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Power supply

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:55:59 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

Turns out I have a power supply for my Matsurra bedmill. After stripping
everything not needed away I ended up with this:
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/supply1.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/supply2.jpg

A few questions. Each of the twelve diodes has a pair of wires, 24
connections on the terminal strip. I don't know the function here and if
anything needs to be connected.

Is the part labeled 1 an isolation transformer? If so, should DC- be
grounded?

Can the part labeled 2 be used to read current? There are four leads, how
would they be connected. The part says "Nana Electronics NNC-05AF"

The purple stud mount things are definitely not diodes; they're either
SCRs or triacs. Label 1 is a three-phase trsnsformer; "DC-" should only
be grounded if it is grounded in the original design.

Item Label 2 is a current transformer; the wires you've cut were used
in the control circuitry.

In pic 2, it looks like label 1 _could_ be a 3-phase common mode choke,
to keep the switching transients of the SCRs/triacs out of the power
lines.

But, as others have said, without the control electronics, you have
a pile of probably not very valuable spare parts.

Sorry!
Rich