Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Weed Killer

On Sep 28, 11:54*pm, Roy wrote:
On Sep 28, 8:03*pm, RickH wrote:

On Sep 28, 2:29*pm, wrote:

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:24:59 -0700 (PDT), RickH

wrote:
On Sep 26, 4:31*pm, "ROANIN" wrote:
Saw a post a while ago about making weed killer using vinegar and something
else. Cannot find the post now. Can someone repost the formula?

Thanks,

Can anyone say how effective this is?

It sounds perfect for "flooding" my patio pavers so it goes deep
between them without leaving a toxic residue soaking into the brick.
There is a restaurant supply here that has great prices on vinegar.
It will clean the pavers too if I use it as an acid wash and get
killer down between the pavers at the same time while scrubbing.
Please post how effective it is as a weed kill. *I suppose muratic
acid will work too but that is really harsh.

Roundup kills the ROOTS so the weeds go down and STAY down. Vinegar is
a very temporary measure.

But I dont want roundup soaked into the brick as a residue.

==
That Roundup residue won't hurt anything as it rapidly breaks down on
contact with soil. I'd worry more about acidic soil and salt buildup
using vinegar and salt. Using muriatic acid is also just plain dumb as
it is corrosive and poisonous.

My paver manufacturer recommends muratic for regular cleaning.