Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Credit - Roton - Screw It

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Jon Elson wrote:

On 09/27/2010 07:44 PM, Michael Koblic wrote:

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message

[...]

I firmly believe that when a vendor signals to you that they don't
really want your business, that you should listen.

It's the only nice thing to do.

Is it just me or is there more of this sort of thing about since 2007?

I just had a ding dong with KBC tools. First they screwed up an order.
It took 6 phone calls to put it right.

I've just started into this with Digi-Key, my largest supplier of
electronic parts. I had a hermetically-sealed bag of, supposedly, 25
parts. When I opened it, there were only 10 pieces. This is the second
time this has happened.

Now, I got another bunch of parts, the bag was labeled right, but the
actual parts inside had a slightly different number. So, I ordered the
LM2575S-5.0, I got the LM2576-ADJ instead. I didn't notice, and
soldered 24 of these onto boards before discovering they didn't work. I
reported this error to them, and they said they'd cover it, and didn't
need the parts back, as they were no longer re-sellable after
desoldering. Then, I got an emailed invoice from them, charging me for
the replacement parts, and ALSO charging me for the wrong parts!
So, I had ALREADY paid for the wrong parts, and they are charging me for
them AGAIN? I emailed them asking for an explanation of this.

Digi-Key USED to be so GOOD about accuracy and making sure everything
was perfect.

I ordered some resistors from them over a month ago to change the current
setting on the steppers attached to the G540 controller (slight loss of
power to reduce stepper temperature), but never received them. I guess I
get to see what MCM has in stock. Sigh. I already checked Rat Shack... or
as they should be called... the cell phone store.