Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default For those that asked.. 1st pecan piece - pecan bowl.jpg (0/1)

You folks were right, pecan is not an ideal turning wood...
Very hard to avoid tearout, even with carbide...
Sanded it in both forward and reverse and still have to sand some areas off the
lathe because of the weird grain pattern..

I'll make several more pieces, though, since I still have at least 100 pounds of
the stuff left..

mac

Came out really nice Mac. I've never tried it personally and from the
sounds of it I won't be anytime soon. LOL. Actually hard to find
around here. We're mostly inundated with walnut. So have you figured
out what to make out of that 100 pounds yet?

`Casper