Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator not cold enough

On 9/29/2010 5:28 AM, wrote:
On 25 Sep 2010 15:08:32 GMT, Jonathan
wrote:

On 2010-09-25, Man-wai wrote:

What should I check first? The fridge is over 10 years old...

See
http://www.applianceaid.com/frig_notcold.html

How much are you paying for electricity (per KWH)? There
is a good chance you would be better off replacing the
refrigerator anyway because it is using a lot more
electricity than current models.

My fridge is from 1940 to 1950. Just the basic round topped old WELL
BUILT models that last forever. No real freezer space, but it always
works. I can guarantee it uses LESS electricity than the new ones
with all their defrosting elements, ice makers, and other useless
gadgets.

I remember a fridge my mother bought back in the 60's for a temporary
home while at school. It was old then, the compressor was on the top
and belt driven. It was heavy and built like a tank, it's probably
still running in a garage or basement somewhere. 8-)

TDD