Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default How to protect cars from bird and squirrel sh1t?

On Sep 29, 11:12 pm, NoSpam wrote:
Matty F wrote:
On Sep 29, 8:09 am, NoSpam wrote:
I park under a huge old walnut tree and this year seems to be
particularly good for walnuts, which the birds and squirrels eat while
perched over the cars. They then use the same perches as a toilet and
having to clean the cars every day has become rather tiresome.
The garage is full of "stuff" so that's not really an option.
It's a double-wide drive so a normal car porch would be difficult (has
anyone succeeded with a cantilevered car porch?)

I don't really want to resort to car covers because I can't see me using
them every time. Any suggestions of how to dissuade the critters or
shield the cars?

Help!

Run stainless steel clotheslines across the drive and put a cover over
them.

Strangely, that's exactly what I thought of last night after writing
this plea. I might even be anchor one end on the front of the garage so
only 2 poles would be needed plus either some tent fabric or sail cloth.
The tricky bit might be making it look acceptable.

I have cheap (polypropylene?) tarpaulins. Some last well in the sun.
You'd be best to pull it tight so it doesn't flap in the wind and
annoy the neighbours.