Andy Dingley

Default Next plane purchase--next 2 plane purchases?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:20:11 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

Do you see the "crossover" version of this in the USA ? Both sides,
with one two-bladed plane - but they're a pig to adjust.

The, um #79? I think that's the number...

No, it's not a Stanley at all. Mine is a Preston, I think there's a
Record too.

The two blades are on top of each other, in an X shape. They don't
interfere with each other when working, but they do share the same
clamp.

The #79 isn't too hard to adjust for both blades simultaneously, you
just have to sharpen the blades so they're exact mirrors of each
other.

--
Do whales have krillfiles ?