Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weed Killer

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:03:10 -0700 (PDT), RickH
wrote:

On Sep 28, 2:29Â*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:24:59 -0700 (PDT), RickH

wrote:
On Sep 26, 4:31Â*pm, "ROANIN" wrote:
Saw a post a while ago about making weed killer using vinegar and something
else. Cannot find the post now. Can someone repost the formula?

Thanks,

Can anyone say how effective this is?

It sounds perfect for "flooding" my patio pavers so it goes deep
between them without leaving a toxic residue soaking into the brick.
There is a restaurant supply here that has great prices on vinegar.
It will clean the pavers too if I use it as an acid wash and get
killer down between the pavers at the same time while scrubbing.
Please post how effective it is as a weed kill. Â*I suppose muratic
acid will work too but that is really harsh.

Roundup kills the ROOTS so the weeds go down and STAY down. Vinegar is
a very temporary measure.

But I dont want roundup soaked into the brick as a residue.

In about 14 days it's all harmless salts anyway, apparently. No worse
than vinegar, and likely better than the salt and vinegar mix.