Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Fein Vacuums: Adapting to 2.5" Hoses?

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in news:4ca28756$0$30126
:

Doug White wrote in
:

I'm assuming I can use the paper bags with the standard cloth filter.
I'm not dealing with fine dust, so I don't think the cartridge filter
will be necessary.

Doug White

The cloth filter takes up quite a bit of room. I don't believe the

bags
will fit with the cloth filter. You'll probably need to get the
cartridge filter to use the bags. (Plus, for the first one you'll need
the mounting kit.)

The good news is that since the bags act as filters themselves, you may
not need to clean or replace the cartridge filter for years.

Thanks for the info. It's hard to tell from the on-line pictures where
the cloth filter goes & how big it is. Based on my ShopVac experience, I
thought it just went over a cage where the cartridge fits.

I'll get the filter/bag kit & some extra bags. I've seen reference to
some sort of clip that is required for the bags, but I think that must be
for an older model. The new filter kits don't include them.

Doug White