Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Oppie[_6_] Oppie[_6_] is offline

Default DVD Burner?

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message news
In keeping with my policy of staying way behind the bleeding edge of
technology, the only DVD burner I have is a stand-alone Sony unit that
I feed video from my camcorder or DVD player.

What do you fellow lurkers recommend for an external DVD burner that's
easy to move from PC to PC?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

My laptop plays dvd/cds but will not record them feh

I bought a cheap cable that connects any type of parallel IDE drive (2.5",
3.5" and DVD drive) from Newegg for $20. Bought it originally to salvage
files from a friend's dead laptop. Cable came with an external 5V/12V power
supply for bigger drives. I keep an old DVD burner (that I rescued from a
scrap pile), in the car and can now burn the occasional disk on the road. A
bit cumbersome but does the trick.
Oppie