Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Harbor Freight Reviews

DerbyDad03 wrote the following:
On Sep 28, 9:00 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

http://hfreviews.com/reviews.php
If you have used a Harbor Freight item or considering buying one.
Write a reveiew, or read what others say. Might help others, or save
yourself some grief. I'm not the webmaster, and I didn't come up with
the idea.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You are aware, of course, that the site you referenced is not
associated with Harbor Freight.

The disclaimer reads as follows:

"Harbor Freight, Harbor Freight Tools and related trademarks are
registered trademarks of Central Purchasing Inc., which does not
sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site."

Since the Harbor Freight site has a "Customer Reviews" tab right on
the product page for every item, why the need for an "off-site" site
for reviews?

The site you viewed is like the Stuccocompany and its reinvented
homeownershub sites. They steal the reviews from other sources, in this
case,.the HF site and repost them.
The idea is to drum up sponsors for the thieving site.
It's way out of date anyway. They must not have the web search bot that
the aforementioned SC and HOH sites have so they have to search the
site by hand to find new reviews. I know because they don't have a
review I posted to HF over a month ago.

Now don't go all "conspiracy theory" on me and say that they don't
keep negative reviews, because they do.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY