Posted to alt.home.repair

Default why does drip edge go over membrane?

On Sep 28, 12:08*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
On 9/28/2010 11:50 AM, George wrote:

On a pitched roof, my understanding is that the rubber underlayment
should go down first, then the drip edge. *I'd have thought that the
drip should go first: then, any water captured by the membrane would run
off over the drip. *I can guess that putting the membrane first lets the
it seal the drip nails. *But, to what end, if there's no place for the
water to go?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

looks like a couple of schools of thought he

http://www.toolbase.org/Design-Const...s/drip-edge-pl...

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/drip-edge

http://www.hometime.com/Howto/projec...ing/roof_4.htm

http://www.gaf.com/training/ROOFING-...ce-of-Drip-Edg...

--
Steve Barker

On one of the HGTV shows, choosing the best home-improvement guy, the
judge dinged one of the contestants for putting the drip edge over the
roofing membrane. The judge wanted the membrane over the drip edge to
guarantee all water was kept out, just like the OP thought was correct.