Larry C

Default What can you with a lathe?

I have a lathe. I have few practical uses for it. You've already
figured out that a lathe is a blast to use. Immediate gratification and
no matter what you make it looks cool.

Here's my advice and it's application goes way beyond whether to buy
this lathe or not. It's always easier to get forgiveness than it is to
get permission. See all the hassle you're going through trying to buy a
lathe? You could have bought it, made her a bowl and a rolling pin and
a matching candlestick, taken her to dinner, and be back in your shop by
now using the lathe instead of talking about it.

--
Larry C in Auburn WA
"NoNameAtAll" wrote in message
Way back in middle school the lathe was one of my favorite tools in

shop class.
I'd love to own one, but I'm having a difficult time convncing my wife

that I
need it. We just made candle holders in shop class, and while I'm sure

it's
great for things like table legs, lamps, and baseball bats I have to

concede
that I really can't think of any practical uses for it since I don't

have any
need to make any of those things. Actually making a homemade baseball

bat would
be kind of neat but it's tough to justify buying a lathe just for

that. If you
can help me convince my wife (and myself for that matter) of the

usefulness of
a lathe I'll be eternally grateful.