Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Metal Lathe

On Sep 27, 8:23*pm, Bill wrote:
Since you folks have helped to cultivate me into a "tool junkie", I have
the following question. * Which, if any, of the metal lathes/mills on
the following page would you buy, and why (what would you make?)? *I
assume at the very least one could make some cool drawer pulls, though I
think that it would be difficult to justify ownership on that.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/cate...spx?key=460000

Bill

I looked at the link and the Grizzlys were sorted by price. So
determine your budget and see f you can live with whatever. I bought a
Birmingham 13 X 40 about 4 years ago. Been pleased with it. Went
through billsmachineshop.com I think it is. What made the final
determination was the space I had for it and I did want the 40" center
to center.

As another said allow for tooling. I probably have spent $1000.00 for
tooling. I did luck out and got a real load of stuff at an auction.
Have sold what I did not need for almost the $1000.00 I paid for
tooling.

Bob AZ