Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sunday score

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:46:21 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 9/27/2010 11:13 PM, Dennis wrote:

There's a chap who frequents here that lives in one of the Eastern
states.....I'll see if I can find him..........Its 'Andrew VK3BFA', from his
posts he seems like a good guy - he may be able to give you the heads up on
'resources'. From his call sign I think he's underneath NSW in Victoria.

Yes, have exchanged a few emails with Andrew. I have something of a
contact list of metalworking folks down under. As I get closer, I'll be
making contact and soliciting advice on what all to bring. And... I'll
likely have some room to spare in the container, so might just be able
to drag along some goodies for some folks.

I'm sure you'll enjoy being downunder, just coming into summer now, a great
30C (~90F) today.

Have always been there in spring or fall. Was going to try and spend a
month there over Christmas this year, but wasn't going to work out. The
thought of spending Christmas at the swimming pool trying to not get
sunburned would certainly be a novelty!

When I lived in LoCal, I often ran around in cutoffs and no shirt on
New Years Day, BBQing between the games. I kinda miss that, but
Oregon is extremely mild compared to _most_ other states, so I still
feel blessed to have remained on the Left Coast doing my Right Thing.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London