Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default How to protect cars from bird and squirrel sh1t?

On 28/09/2010 21:09, NoSpam wrote:
I park under a huge old walnut tree and this year seems to be
particularly good for walnuts, which the birds and squirrels eat while
perched over the cars. They then use the same perches as a toilet and
having to clean the cars every day has become rather tiresome.
The garage is full of "stuff" so that's not really an option.
It's a double-wide drive so a normal car porch would be difficult (has
anyone succeeded with a cantilevered car porch?)

I don't really want to resort to car covers because I can't see me using
them every time. Any suggestions of how to dissuade the critters or
shield the cars?

Get small realistic looking stuffed toy squirels and site them in the
tree. And have some hanging upside down on bits of rope, with red paint
for effect. The real squirels will either see them as claimers of
teritory not to do battle with, or get the hint of what may happen to
them if they venture a bit too near.

Or more seriously stick a particular good likeness of a creature of prey
that birds and squirrels don't get on with. A hawk perhaps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuOOl4oEQAI

--
Adrian C