Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default DVD Burner?

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:03:09 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

In keeping with my policy of staying way behind the bleeding edge of
technology, the only DVD burner I have is a stand-alone Sony unit that
I feed video from my camcorder or DVD player.

What do you fellow lurkers recommend for an external DVD burner that's
easy to move from PC to PC?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

As they're only worth about $17* each these days I don't bother moving
them and just have one in every box. USB keys are easier for netbooks.
I do have a Samsung SE-S084 external drive that powers itself off of
TWO USB ports, but I think I only used it once or twice. IIRC, it
worked fine.

*newegg today,either IDE or SATA (Samsung/Liteon) with free shipping.