Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Steve wrote:

Yep, I certainly do. If you are not properly equipped to fix the
problem, you charge extra for your incompetence.

Not everybody uses a warehouse sized semi for a service truck.

I used a stepvan for field work. It saved me a lot of time, and I
could do a couple more jobs per day because of it.

My dream is to own one of those Sprinter vans, they're nice.

They look nice, but my days of needing one are over.

I lucked out and bought a six year old 'Union City' stepvan on a
Chevy chassis for $1300. It had been a uniform delivery truck, and they
were replacing 60+ steel body trucks with hinged doors with a fleet of
new aluminum body with roll up doors. Most of the fleet was Ford &
International. They were the first gone, but I wanted the Chevy. I have
worked on an International, and didn't like the Fords. The fleet
manager smiled and told me that the couple Chevy trucks were down the
least of any in their fleet, and had the lowest operating costs. I had
that truck for about ten years, and only spent a couple hundred dollars
on repairs. I used it to repair the electronics for three school
systems.

enough left over to pay them.