Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Refrigerator not working again!

wrote the following:
On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:02:05 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

2 ) you assume they KNOW what kind of unit it is, or can find
out ( hint - maybe SOMETIMES in residential, almost NEVER in
commercial work ).

3 ) You imply that the service guy is going to go back to the
shop and custom-stock his truck for a particular brand.

Maybe, if the company is run by idiots. We had a fleet of trucks,
equipped for different brands

HVAC don't work like that. You don't schedule your work by
'what brands of equipment are waiting for service'.

Been there, done that. Try doing it INSIDE at -40, too.

Yawn. I lived in Alaska for a while. Try driving a ground rod
through permafrost when it's -40 outside.

Hell, try taking a pee out there ! ;-)

I spent a couple of days in New Hampshire around Christmas some years ago.
One night my friend and I drove out to his lab to pick up some work he
needed at home.
It was -30 F (-22 C) out. We had had a few beers at home before leaving.
On the way to the lab I had to take a leak and we stopped alongside the
road.
My weenie refused to come out of my pants and I had to force it out.
That's when I confirmed the rumors that it does have its own brain. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY