Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Looks like a scam

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 00:30:44 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
In article , bud-- wrote:

It is possible the 'device' saves power by providing less illumination.
It does not make sense for your house and, according to the mouthpiece,
is not intended for residential. I didn't read any of the propaganda and
I have no idea if it makes sense anywhere else. I am, in general, skeptical.

Lighting is a *huge* cost for retail businesses -- look around next time
you're in Wal-Mart, Home Depot, or any supermarket. Installing one of those
gadgets in a Wal-Mart store would probably pay for itself in a matter of
months. I imagine that stadiums would benefit considerably too.

Only in a universe where PWM doesn't work.

Here on earth, if you interupt the power for "nanoseconds at a time",
the average power will drop and so will the light output.

The device is simply an expensive dimmer. In a store like walmart,
it's far easier to use fewer bulbs or lower power ones then use an inline
dimmer.