Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Sunday scores

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:10:35 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 9/27/2010 9:58 PM, Brian Lawson wrote:

I have three new Huot's for inch/number/letter purchased (empty) just
last year, but they don't have that "hook" piece.

It's the 3-in-1 box that has this hook. The hook is formed out of the
divider between fraction and number drills. I've wondered for many years
just what the heck it was there for. I assumed Huot didn't put it there
to annoy me, but couldn't divine any sensible purpose. I never thought
to try putting the small index in there. It does fit, and now it makes
sense...

Jon

Hey Jon (and DoN)

Hmmmm....I guess I just have different ones. These three have
fractions in three folding levels to the left, letters in three
folding levels to the right, and there is an upright divider between
them, and then the number drills are straight lined on the "lid" along
what I guess I'd call the "back" when it is open.

Found it on their site (called "Combination" indexes)

http://store.huot-store.com/tool-storage/product/11700.html

Have a look...no "hook" visible to me in the pix. Maybe they have
quit that extra piece?

Brian.