Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Small Engine Carburetor Rebuild or Replace?

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:44:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sep 26, 5:38*pm, Jeffrey Angus wrote:
On 9/26/2010 7:13 PM, Jon Claude Killy wrote:

How do I know to replace a carburetor on a small engine instead

of
rebuilding the carburetor?

Rebuilding works 98% of the time.

What to look for to determine if replacement is needed.
1. missing parts.
2. broken parts.

Running swill like Arco gas through it will certainly cause any
soft parts to degrade and need replacement a lot sooner.

Jeff

So which gas is _not _ swill in your humble opinion? I only ask
because I've been running Arco for 25 years.

All gas is the same except for the additives... The additives are
added when the tanker truck (semi) is loaded with fuel to deliver to
the stations, then it bcomes 'branded'.