Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT Here is an example of pseudo science.

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
Gib Bogle wrote:

Faster than the wind, downwind? I don't think so. As the relative
velocity goes to zero, so does the extractable power. With a big, high
kite you could go faster than the wind at ground (or water) level.

Google have been sponsoring development of one effort

http://www.fasterthanthewind.org/

or search for other DWFTTW projects, less useful if you want to go in a
different direction to the wind ...

The only way it can work is if they are storing energy somewhere.
I expect its a flywheel, maybe even hidden in the design .
To travel faster than the wind (down wind) for any length of time requires
you the extract energy from somewhere and it can't be the wind. maybe its
cold fusion? ;-)