Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default OT-ish: cleaning binoculars lenses

On 28 Sep, 00:49, John MacLeod wrote:

Watch for Lidl's regular binoculars appearing. * Excellent value at
purely nominal price. *

Lidl's are odd. Their "mainstream" binoculars are as you say, cheap
and excellent. Quite light too. These are the ones I use most for
planned trips, as I can throw them around and leave them in the car.
Likewise Aldi's spotting scopes for under 30 quid.

Their "boat" binoculars though are expensive, especially those with
the built-in bearing compass. A look at eBay or Chinese sites shows
the same thing for less.

Their compact binoculars are, like most cheap compacts, poor quality
with dull images and narrow view angles.