Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default OT Here is an example of pseudo science.

On 28 Sep, 08:51, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes

drugs began to take hold. I remember harry saying
something like:

ie Complete ********.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IsaM...eature=related

It's not *complete* ********, just close to it.
There is an energy input, but I really doubt it could be made large
enough to compress all that air, and afaics, the lifting bodies would be
far too small.
I'd not be surprised if a man-lifter using the idea could be built, but
for larger scale use, probably not.

er.. *my understanding was that the energy for compressing the gas comes
from turbines powered by airflow. Unless there is some way to initially
power the pump at altitude, there will be no airflow as the device is at
equilibrium WRT the atmosphere.

Before you all jump on me, I didn't watch the whole clip:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb

It's not worth watching the whole clip. You are excused :-)