Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Interesting job opening in Bakersfield, California

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:00:46 -0700, Rich Grise
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 01:57:46 -0500, Don Foreman wrote:

'Tonka is a
rich folks playground of 10,000 acres, also a superb fishery. I bought 5
gallons, all I needed to get back to the launch before the storm hit.
Very pricey fuel, but a memorable attendant so what the hell.

In the winter, you can walk (or drive) across Lake Minnetonka because the
ice is 4'-5' thick. (unless Global Warming has turned Minnesota into some
kind of tropical paradise.)

In the summer, you can walk across Lake Minnetonka by just stepping from
boat to boat. ;-D

Cheers!
Rich

Yup. 15 or 20 years ago 'Tonka was very pleasant on a weekday summer
morning. Fishin' was usually good to excellent and traffic was maybe 2
boats per bay. Tonka has 42 bays of amazingly diverse limnology. It's
a complex lake. But on weekends even then, it was a zoo. There's a
chop even on a dead calm day just from boat wakes.

I haven't been to 'Tonka for 7 or 8 years now. It's a zoo about
anytime during the summer now and it's no fun to fish anymore because
of the milfoil.