Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Friday Score

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:20:41 -0400, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 00:30:32 -0400, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:13:09 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 9/26/2010 5:52 PM, Gerald Miller wrote:

Couple weeks ago I picked up a 1/2" bit labeled "union twist drill
Canada" in very good condition for $2.00. Nearly needed help to put it
in the trunk of the car. The bench top drill press and electric motor
attached to it were heavy. The motor drives the step pulley on the
spindle over idler pulleys where the belt changes from vertical to
horizontal. Feed is by a lever over the top carrying a bearing between
collars on the half inch diameter spindle. The chuck is the old type
keyless chuck where the spindle pushes against the back of the jaws.
No identifying marks on the drill press although the 1/4 HP motor was
made by Hoover.

Picture would be worth a thousand words... G Seriously, I'd like to
see a pic of that if you're able.

Jon

I'll get after the IT support department after he gets home tomorrow
and see if I can get some posted
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

See the drop box under 2_DP

Y'mean this? http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/2-DP1.txt
Then why didn't you say so?

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London