Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Hachiroku[_2_] Hachiroku[_2_] is offline

Default My 1999 Toyota 4Runner digital clock is kaput (any ideas?)

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:59:10 -0700, larry moe 'n curly wrote:

Y Knot wrote:

Any ideas how to fix the $250 Toyota 4Runner digital clock?

The experts at sci.electronics.repair do. How about ToyotaNation.com?

I'd check solder joints and electrolytic capacitors. Clocks have one
voltage regulator for the logic, and it could be a 5V linear one or a
switching regulator. The display uses either high voltage DC for
fluorescent displays, a low voltage (roughly 15V) AC source for LCDs.
Any switching regulator can have electrolytic capacitors wear out.
Replace them with Japanese ones from Mouser.com, BDent.com, or
DigiKey.com.

LMC, is that YOU?!?!

--
It says Last...In...Kadora