Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Looks like a scam

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , bud-- wrote:
It is possible the 'device' saves power by providing less illumination.
It does not make sense for your house and, according to the mouthpiece,
is not intended for residential. I didn't read any of the propaganda and
I have no idea if it makes sense anywhere else. I am, in general, skeptical.

Lighting is a *huge* cost for retail businesses -- look around next time
you're in Wal-Mart, Home Depot, or any supermarket. Installing one of those
gadgets in a Wal-Mart store would probably pay for itself in a matter of
months. I imagine that stadiums would benefit considerably too. But as I
showed in an earlier post, it's pretty well pointless for residential use.

I agree you could reduce cost *IF* you can use a lower lighting level.
Would seem like a big box would design the lighting at the level they
needed, in which case the 'device' would be pointless. If you had, for
example, skylights that added solar light (the Costco I go to does) you
could vary the electrical lighting, and some installations do. You
couldn't necessarily reduce the lighting on a whole circuit.

And IF the 'device' works, and is cost effective. I have no opinion on that.

--
bud--