Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default What Happened To The Group?

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 3:13:09 -0500, Stuart wrote
(in message ):

In article ,
mac davis wrote:
I still read it every night and help answer questions if I can..
I figure that's what the group is for, right?

I read it daily too, even though I've not turned anything yet.

That is about to change though, as soon as I can get some other jobs out
of the way.

We have some stainless steel saucepans with glass lids. There is a
stainless steel rim and in the centre a knob made of some sort of hard
plastic. There is a bit of SS trim around the bottom of the knob and it
is secured to the glass lid by a washered screw passing through a hole in
the glass.

A few days ago my wife dropped one of the lids and we were amazed that
the glass didn't break. However, the knob did and I'm going to have a go
at turning up a replacement knob.

this kind of project is especially satisfying - a chance to go to the Man
Cave and work with power tools and emerge with something that is both useful
in ordinary life and a pleasing product from your own two hands. Celebrating
with a pleasing libation afterwards is the crowning touch. Life is good - and
fun. Go for it!

--
I will find a way or make one.