Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default wring out a lot of wire

On Sep 27, 11:01*am, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:

I've done that also. *It's fine when you want to find the fuse/breaker
that feeds an outlet. *If you're trying to find which of 8 breakers
feeds which of 20 outlets, it's not so good (20 trips to try each outlet
in turn).

Bob

If the owner permits you can reduce the number of trips by checking
nearby outlets and switches and writing the breaker number on the live
(or dead) ones, on the back of the plate perhaps, to mark them as
already identified. I stuck Brady markers on mine, then made a list to
put near the box.

jsw