Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Sony PSP 3003 plaything

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:57:12 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Meat Plow wrote in message
news
On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:20:17 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Better than my previous likely timewasting- inside a Kodak digital
camera.

Please do not say the words Kodak digital camera in my presence.

At least the one I looked at failed for a respectable reason, Owner
decided to use an opposite polarity supply.
This PSP looks as though it initially failed from pbfitis at the solder
point of internal secondary power connector at the pcb trace, then heat
melted plastic , arcing broke a bit of phosphor bronze . The user
accessible power soocket , unusually, is nicely decoupled from user
induced mechanical failure as it uses wire tails, not soldered to pcb of
any sort

I have a Kodak V1253 I'm working on. Waiting on the owner to provide me
with the proprietary interface to USB mini so I can attempt to reflash
the firmware which seems to be corrupted. I have read much negativity
on this particular model mostly firmware-oriented. The camera does just
about everything it's supposed to except take pictures or video. It
doesn't even attempt to enter those functions. And certain functions when
invoked actually invoke different functions than requested. No chance
send back to repair, would cost as much as new. The odd functions plus
all the blogging on camera oddities leads me to think a firmware refresh
or update may cure the thing. If not, the owner doesn't want it back. Has
a nice large panel on the back that could be useful for other stuff.