Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Sony PSP 3003 plaything

Meat Plow wrote in message
news
On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:20:17 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Better than my previous likely timewasting- inside a Kodak digital
camera.

Please do not say the words Kodak digital camera in my presence.

At least the one I looked at failed for a respectable reason, Owner decided
to use an opposite polarity supply.
This PSP looks as though it initially failed from pbfitis at the solder
point of internal secondary power connector at the pcb trace, then heat
melted plastic , arcing broke a bit of phosphor bronze . The user accessible
power soocket , unusually, is nicely decoupled from user induced mechanical
failure as it uses wire tails, not soldered to pcb of any sort