Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Sony PSP 3003 plaything

Pit was rectangular about 100 x 150 micron, off centre, with a small blob of
ex-molten ? metal, no hole seen . Decided that was the 2.5A fuse not the
5x3.5mm "tensile test piece" shaped intact metal lump nearer the marking.
Under some tinplate screening there were 2 more of these 1.8x.8mm lumps this
time marked LB , not blown apart and 1A on overlay, F0011 open , F7001
closed.
Bridged the first with 3A fuse and second with 1A. Now have current from 5V
supply , pulsing from base level of 5mA to 16mA draw, power sw moved to on
or not, battery in or not. Better than my previous likely timewasting-
inside a Kodak digital camera. Now to find time to track down where the
powerFET is. I would have thought such basic tech info would be out there
somewhere, a "roadmap" of major components, obviously not a schematic