Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Interesting job opening in Bakersfield, California

On Sep 25, 8:09*pm, " wrote:
On Sep 24, 9:31*pm, rangerssuck wrote:

Probably not. I worked for several years as a motorcycle mechanic. I
hated the smell before I started. Hated it more when I finished. And
it's damned near impossible to get off your hands.

Paint thinner always worked for me.

Then, of course, you've got hands that smell like paint thinner ;-) I
used to scrub my hands with a brush and a paste of borax (not boraxo)
and lemon-scented dishwashing detergent. It would get them clean but
would not quite remove the gasoline odor. That stuff is tenacious.

If I were ever going to do that kind of work again, I'd be wearing
nitrile gloves.