John McCoy

Default Next plane purchase--next 2 plane purchases?

Andy Dingley wrote in
:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:15:01 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

David's suggestion of the #98/99 pair is also a good one, IMO.

Do you see the "crossover" version of this in the USA ? Both sides,
with one two-bladed plane - but they're a pig to adjust.

The, um #79? I think that's the number... Anyway, yes, we
see those. I am told that not only are they a pain to adjust,
but that you have to retract the wrong-way-facing blade when
using it, which means you're perpetually readusting it, you
can't just leave it set. I haven't used one myself.

John