Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Interesting job opening in Bakersfield, California

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 07:21:52 -0700, wrote:

Most self-service station attendants probably pump gas
occasionally as part of their duties.

Job description: probably pump gas occasionally like most others with
similar jobs. Arizona crisp.

3. this "hermit" isn't the one who can't go for a walk without a
handgun

on some trails in MN, out of cell range for 911 but closer to varied
populace than your remote hide in AZ. I occasionally carry a handgun
while your misanthropy compels you to live in off-grid isolation
distant even from nearest civilization, the garden spot of Kingman, AZ
where the nicest domocile in town has wheels. Curious readers may
consult google maps, street view. OK, it's hard to see the wheels on
some of the mansions...

You are the hermit who strives to irritate, aggrivate, ridicule and
offend on several newsgroups while hiding behind anonymity and in
isolation, fouling usenet with virtual graffiti like scorning the
Deities of faithful folks as "skydaddies". Anonymously, of course.
From your remote hide. Cravenly nameless, vicious hermit.

Ah, the "if I don't know about it, then it must not exist" argument...
again! Why not look up the facts instead of trying to extrapolate
based on your limited experience and critical thinking abilities?
Here,
http://tinyurl.com/2f3f7k3

This does not create gas-pumping jobs. It merely requires
already-employed attendants of gas stations to assist a very few who
are unable to pump for themselves.

I have never seen a MN driver unable to pump his or her fuel,
handicapped plates and wheelchair vans included. Back when there were
pump jockeys there were those of us that would rather be served than
get out of the warm car when it was 20 below, but that was long ago.

The only place I've seen gas pumped by an attendant in the last decade
was on Lake Minnetonka at a marina where a very comely young lass was
quite happy to jump aboard my boat and pump a few gallons at price
approximating that of Chanel #5. Weather loomed, I was far from the
launch and low on fuel. She said she often would pump a couple
hundred gallons into a boat on Friday night and do it again for the
same boat on Sunday. 'Tonka is a rich folks playground of 10,000
acres, also a superb fishery. I bought 5 gallons, all I needed to get
back to the launch before the storm hit. Very pricey fuel, but a
memorable attendant so what the hell.