Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian Richard the Dreaded Libertarian is offline

Default America's Worst

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:36:39 -0500, David R. Birch wrote:
On 9/26/2010 4:40 PM, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:04:05 -0400, mysterion wrote:
"Richard the Dreaded wrote in

I think child mutilators shouldn't be allowed to breed.

I think a REAL Libertarian would list people who think they have a
right to decide who can breed as being much higher up on the
"Who-to-shoot-at-first" list than he would some christians, all jews
and devout muslims because of their quaint delusion that their supreme
being has a fascination with the looks of their sons' dicks.

I'm just sayin'.

But isn't one of the functions of government to protect helpless
children from those who would do harm to them?

A Libertarian is not an anarchist, you know.

Actually, we on the libertarian left are pretty close to anarchists, which
is mainly why the Libertarians running for office are mostly libertarian
right.

Ah - I think I see the source of the misunderstanding: Linear thinking.
It's either "Us" or "Them". The problem is, the Libertarians aren't either
- they're 90 degrees out of phase: it's "freedom" vs. "statism." The
"right" and "left" are just the two wings of the statist bird.

Here, this shouldn't take long:
http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz

Let me know how you score! ;-)

Cheers!