Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Interesting job opening in Bakersfield, California

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:11:19 -0400, "ATP"
wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
.. .

Retired as in dropped out for at least a decade, unemployed and living
as a hermit making no contributions to society like FICA or medicare.
Totally self-sufficient, off-grid, independent. Healthy, hearty and
fit now, will eventually quietly die in the desert anonymously without
recourse to the public tit you've avoided contributing to for at least
a decade? If so, I respect that choice and course.

Or will you eventually cry out as a citizen, claiming your rights to
the earnings of others via medicare and Obamacare as you now invoke
first amendment rights that you've never defended?

Not judging your choice of lifestyle, it's a free country. I do note
the hypocrisy in your choice of lifestyle vs your judgement of others.
Probably a troll but I'm a gullible mark for benefit of doubt.
Minnesota nice and all, yoo betcha.

I'm not going to get into the back and forth between Wayne and Gunner, but
how do you figure someone retiring with assets is a deadbeat?

I don't, and I didn't use that term. All of the retired people I know
have some assets and are not deadbeats.

Most retired people, unlike dropouts and fugitives, maintain some
contributive connection with society and community.

It's likely he made plenty of contributions before going off the grid.

If ever employed then he made some contributions before dropping out,
but his period of contribution was quite short so the aggregate was
small. Medicare (and Obamacare) are not pro-rated based on
contribution.

If he needs medical care that is not covered by insurance, private or government, his assets
will be at risk.

Not if he stays out in the desert and continues to be entirely
self-sufficient and separate from society. He may well plan to do
that. If he does, no harm and no foul.